Stressed about wine pairings and order of drinking and selecting the best wine at the restaurant? Don’t sweat it! Wine is meant to be enjoyed and in this episode, the biddies break down their rules for enjoying wine.
The short of it: Drink what you want, with who you want, when you want. Yes, do practice moderation and stay safe (no drinking and driving and be careful when sabering your Champagne corks, kids).
*This is an encore release of Episode 1 – Our Wine Rules. The same content but updated and re-recorded for higher quality sound.*
We’re also on Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Player.fm, Overcast, CastBox and iVox
Study Notes for Wine Rules 101:
- Drink what you want with what you want.
- Food pairings
- Drink what you want with who you want.
- Wine is best drank socially without pretension but I won’t judge anyone if it’s by yourself with a Netflix marathon. (That’s me like every night #momlife)
- Don’t let anyone judge you for your wine choice and don’t judge others.
- Drink that Franzia chillable red – we all drink wine differently.
- Don’t judge a bottle by its closure.
- Bubbles all day everyday. (Mornings, hangovers, small celebrations, bad moods).
- “I only drink champagne on two occasions: when I am in love and when I am not.” – Coco Chanel
- Always have a bottle of bubbly on hand.
- It’s OK to play favorites, but don’t get into a wine rut.
- There’s too much good wine out there to not try new things!
- Don’t save your wine budget for eating out.
- You’ll get a lot more for your dollar at a good wine/liquor store so don’t only spend $50+ at restaurants. Also enjoy those $50+ bottles whenever you want – they’re not for special occasions only.
- Stay safe, kids.
- Sabering, driving, all the things.
- Just have fun with it. At the end of the day, it’s just wine.
- I always used to say that as a sales rep – at the end of a bad day of work I’m selling wine, it’s not like I’m saving lives.