Arguably the black sheep of the French winemaking regions – due to a few things the biddies cover in the episode – is Alsace. This region is Calla’s personal favorite wine making region in the world and she aggressively tries to convince Kara it should be hers as well. Alsace has a different history having bounced back and forth between German and French control and their laws, varietals, and styles are truly unique from other French making wine regions.
Kara: Zind 2017 (Chardonnay/Auxerrois)
Calla: Cave de Cleebourg 2016 Gewurtztraminer
Note: We’ve stopped filming video.
- Society of Wine Educators, Certified Specialist of Wine Study Guide
- Around the World in 80 Harvests, Alsace: Fast Facts
- Wine Tourism, Alsace
- Wine Searcher, Domaine Zind-Humbrecht
- Wine Searcher, Auxerrois Wine
- Alsace Wine, A Brief History
- Social Vignerons, A History of the Alsace Wine Region
- Wine Spectator, No Relief for US Wine Consumers
Intro Song by TV Girl