This short but sweet episode talks about the little known history of how ice wine came to be and how it’s spread throughout today’s wine culture. Famously from Germany and Austria, ice wine can be found traditionally made in the US, Canada, and more. Kara and Calla compare a traditional Canadian ice wine with a mechanically frozen Californian ice wine. While not the cheapest wine out there, it’s truly unique and something everyone should try once.
Kara: Bonny Doon Viognier Vin de Glaciere
Calla: Jackson Triggs Estate Reserve Vidal Ice Wine
Note: We’ve stopped filming video.
- Ontario Wine Appellation Authority
- WineMakerMag, California Ice Wine
- DiWine Taste, Eiswein – Ice Wine
- Wine Folly, Ice Wine – You’re So Fine
- The Drinks Business, Everything You Need to Know About Ice Wine
- Decanter, Ice Wine
- Fix, What is Ice Wine
Intro Song by TV Girl